Energy efficency in construction
A work group at ACCIONA Real Estate R&D is dedicated to the research of energy efficient materials for use in new construction buildings.
The new legal and environmental framework requires that priority be given to energy-saving solutions and materials within a global context of profitability. To this end we are working along the following lines:
- Computerised simulation of energy consumption in buildings, using various program tools such as Design Builder, LIDER, CALENER and DIALux.
- A study of passive architectural solutions that provide savings in energy consumption for housing.
- Data collection on the functionality and profitability of climatic and lighting installations most favourable to the environment.
- Researching new solutions for energy savings and efficiency, such as phase shift materials and aerogels.
- Use of computerised tools for life cycle analysis, taking into account the amount of energy consumed by the building throughout its entire life cycle: the manufacturing of materials, transport, construction, use and demolition.